Education Scholarship Event

June 17, 2016

Sheraton Imperial Hotel & Convention Center

Durham, NC

NCLBCF

NCLBC Foundation Chairperson

Rep. Larry Hall

 

 

 

 

Rep. Larry D. Hall
NCLBC Foundation Chairperson

 


About the Foundation

The North Carolina Legislative Black Caucus Foundation, Inc. (NCLBCF) is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1986.  The Foundation has a 20-member board that drives our success.  Ten of the NCLBCF board members (60%) are private (non-legislative) citizens.  The remaining nine (40%) are members of the NC Legislative Black Caucus. Our goal is to provide scholarships to students at all 10 public and private Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) in North Carolina.  We have implemented sound organizational systems to ensure that the Foundation operates with the highest levels of efficiency and effectiveness.  Our aim is to spend no less than 75% of our revenues on our mission to provide students with educational scholarships.

It is the Foundation’s goal to help address the decrease in college affordability, mounting student debt and to provide opportunities for education, information and empowerment of the community.

 


NCLBC FOUNDATION BOARD

Board of Directors

2015-16 NCLBCF Board of Directors:

Representative Larry Hall, Chair
Mr. John White, 1st vice chair
Mrs. Connie White, Treasurer
Mrs. Linda Coleman
Senator Katie Dorsett
Dr. Charlene Edwards Green
Mr. Jim Harrell
Ms. Lisa Hodges
Mrs. Carolyn Ingram
Mrs. Kathy Knight
Mrs. Helen McInnis
Representative Mary McAllister
Representative H.M. Michaux, Jr.
Dr. Delores Parker
Representative Garland Pierce
Senator Gladys Robinson

Members Confirmed in 2015:
Representative Larry Hall
Representative Yvonne Holley
Representative Bobbi Richardson
Ms. Lori Ann Harris
Ms. Patricia Yancey